The following supplies are available from the Welfare Reps:
- Condoms (Durex extra safe, Durex/Safex XL, Non-Spermicidal, Non-Latex)
- Pregnancy Tests
- Rape Alarms
- Dental Dams
To request any of these email either Asa () or Marina () or if you prefer, anonymously put a request in one of our pigeon-holes and we will leave the supplies in our pigeon-holes for collection.
If you require anything not on this list please contact us.
The Nurse’s waiting room is available as a quiet room between 7am and 11pm when it’s not being used by the nurse/doctor, and is available for access with a key from the lodge between 11pm and 7am.
Phone chargers are now available from us and will be kept in the Welfare Locker. We have:
- 2 laptop chargers
- 3 lightning chargers
- 2 micro USB chargers
- 1 USB-C charger
- 1 30pin charger
We ask you kindly to let us know when you take one, and to return it to the locker when you are done. We also ask you to let us now if you pass it on to someone else without returning it to the locker. Finally, please do not steal them – these are free range chargers based on trust.
Available between 9pm–3am Monday to Saturday and 9pm–1am on Sunday. The bus will pick you up and deliver you to any destination within the ring road for £1 donation per trip.
Nightline is an independent listening, support and information service run for and by students. It aims to provide every student in Oxford with the opportunity to talk to someone in confidence.
University Counselling Service
Health & Welfare information
- ItsGoodToTalk.org.uk – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy specially designed website, which aims to guide people through the world of counselling and answer all of the key questions people might have.
- YouthHealthTalk.org – for all kinds of information on many health issues
- Counselling-directory.org.uk – Counselling Directory was set up as a free, confidential service to encourage those in distress to seek help. Information about various welfare issues including useful articles written by counsellors can be found in order to discern the best possible help.
- Student Accommodation Service – for finding accommodation outside Jesus. Run by the University.